Sunday, July 12, 2009

Welcome!


Motherhood, education and politics. Welcome to my blog. I've never been the kind of girl to keep my opinions to myself, for better or worse. And this is my opportunity to share on a grander scale than my husband, mommyfriends, or children provided, not that they aren't great - they are! And my blog will mostly be about my day to day experiences with them, as well as my take on local Windsor, ON events and news, things happening around the world, whatever I think may make good reading. I try to have fun, laugh everyday, and hopefully some of what I share won't be shrill, strident or obtuse.


For now, here's a brief run down of some of the issues getting my knickers in a twist: Immigration Minister Jason Kenney's overpriviledged, obtuse remarks about immigrant children; how a judicial ruling has changed how and who communities will elect as municipal politicians (and not for the better); the neverending story of the City of Windsor municipal strike (it's not JUST about garbage!); is it wrong to want some time off from my kids?; Thomas Mulcair (NDP Deputy Leader, MP Outremont) visiting Windsor (and my procrastination in doing my volunteer calling to members and instead creating this blog!); and lastly, why do those home-made minivan ice cream trucks make me think of serial killers?

No comments:

Post a Comment